Sunday

Managing a Brand is a Lifetime of Work

Starbucks-logo

That is a quote that I often use and cite from the source, Howard Schultz, Chairman, Starbucks. I thought about that appropriate comment yesterday as I was reading about Starbucks' performance this year vs. last year. Starbucks reportedly earned $150 million during the quarter that ended in September. Last year it earned $5.4 million.

Starbucks is a great example of an international brand that is in it for the long haul. yes, they have their peaks and valleys just like any other brand. But, unlike most, they understand that a brand is only as important as how you engage your employees in the brand building process and how well you bring to life your mission and core values.

Well, I am off for a meeting at my local Starbucks for an on-brand experience. What am I meeting about? Talking to an associate about the fact that managing a brand is a lifetime of work. What a great world.

Rex Whisman

Brand Champions Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment