Tuesday

adidas Enhances Brand with New Ball for 2010 World Cup

Adidas ball 2010
The new ball is called Jabulani, which means "to celebrate" in Bantu, one of the 11 official languages of the Republic of South Africa, host country for the 2010 World Cup. That sounds appropriate for the event and for the company. The ball is supposed to fly truer than those previously produced. That sounds like another applicable attribute for the adidas brand.
I recall buying my first-ever pair of adidas superstar shoes when I was in junior high. I was quite excited to sport my white athletic shoes with the prominent three black stripes. I have been a champion of the brand ever since. Despite the usual ups and downs of any brand, adidas has stood the test of time and is now one of the most recognized brands in the world. Being a centerpiece of the World Cup does not hurt.
When I think of adidas I think of sport, international athletes, Deutschland and other precise attributes. Qualities that have helped adidas recruit and retain brand champions the world over. The new 2010 World Cup ball is a prime example of a product for an event that is driven from a brand strategy. These are not separate enterprises and should not be. All decisions, products, services and behaviors should be guided by our brand strategy, which brings to life our mission and core values, and engages our stakeholders.
Rex Whisman
Brand Champions Blog
BrandED Consultants Group

No comments:

Post a Comment